Thursday, April 22, 2010

Danny Brown - Detroit State of Mind 4 (2010)



If you know anything about my hip-hop tastes, you know I love pretty much anything that comes out of Detroit. I don't know what it is, but they are the perfect soundtrack for a man who smokes Newports, drinks malt liquor, wears Dickies and Carhart and works in factories/warehouses in the Midwest.

Anyway, I was a little disappointed with this, but until today, I thought it was an album, but its just a mixtape. So I feel better about it now. It's decent. Danny Brown has absolutely killed guest spots on Dilla and Elzhi's shit, but I don't think he can carry 12 songs. Sounds like he's running out of steam.

However this got T3 and Guilty Simpson swoopin by as well as some tracks done by Black Milk and DJ Babu. Can't go wrong with that.


1. “D-Boyz” featuring T-3 of Slum Village produced by Waajeed
2. “Keep It 100″ featuring Trick Trick produced by Dj Babu
3. “Murder Game” featuring Guilty Simpson produced by Quelle
4. “Gametime” produced by Caz 1
5. “Black” produced by Black Milk
6. “L.O.L” produced by Black Milk
7. “On My $#!+” produced by Denmark Vessey
8. “Bag Back” produced by Mosel
9. “Contra” produced by Apollo Brown
10. “Fruit Cocktail” produced by Black Milk
11. “Counterfeit” produced by Danny!
12. “The Wizard” produced by Apollo Brown

HERE

1 comment:

  1. Check out The Hybrid, you can find it for free online courtesy of Brown. There are some misses, but it's mostly hits. Good things are going to come from Mr. Brown. Hope he saves hip hop

    ReplyDelete